Art Studio Policies
Due to Covid-19 studio policies have changed. And, they could change again based on the recommendations given to businesses. But, as of now this is how I plan to hold classes as normal & safely as possible. I know this is a lot to read, but due to the nature of the times we are living in, I want you as the parent to be fully informed.
2020 Art Class Policies
- There will only be 10 students in each class during the Fall 2020 semester. My tables have been moved to allow 6 foot distances.
- Please do not send your child to art class if they are sick, have been around anyone sick, or have symptoms of COVID-19. No coughs. No fevers. The safety of your children is of utmost importance to me.
- Temperatures will be taken at the beginning of each class. Class enrollment will start at 10 kids per class. This could possibly be increased before the semester begins at my discretion.
- You will be required to sign a Liability Waiver and a Covid-19 waiver for your child to attend art classes.
- Students will be six feet apart at individual tables.
- If I were to become sick, either a credit will be issued to be used the following semester or for summer camp, or the missed classes will be made up. If I have to be quarantined, but I'm not sick, then class will be on ZOOM for those two weeks.
- Masks will not be required for children who have sensory issues or are unable to wear one. However, I would like to encourage children that are comfortable wearing a mask to wear one. I will be wearing a mask for their protection.
- If your child is sick, you are allowed to makeup two missed art classes during the semester by attending another class as makeup or by attending a scheduled makeup day. You will need to schedule this makeup with me. More than two missed classes can not be made up. If I am bound to the 10 kids per class, then makeups will have to be made on the makeup day rather than attending another class due to space limitations.
- We will start the semester with one parent coming in the waiting room at a time to check-in & out. In the past my studio has been a welcome place for parents, but during the pandemic, I want to keep the studio for kids only. Your children will be brought outside to you at the end of class. This could change, but it is working well with camp this summer.
- To attend art class you will need to sign a COVID liability release.
Payment and Class information
Classes will begin the 2ndweek of August and continue through the 3rdweek in November with the exception being Labor Day for Monday classes and the week of October 5th for the other classes. We will not meet from Thanksgiving through December. The second semester will resume in January if your child wishes to continue. The majority of my student stay for the entire school year in order to take advantage of all of the variety of media used in the art studio. The semester fee is a little higher this year due to me having to reduce my class sizes by 1/3 due to COVID.